The Polygon-Overlap-Calculator program calculates the area of two (convex) polygons and their overlap.
Convex means : any angle of the polygon is less than 180 degrees.
The number of angles may vary from 3 to 12.
Below is a reduced image of the program at work:
- calculate area of polygons and also their overlap
- shape of polygon changeable by mouse or by keyboard
- polygons can be shifted (by mouse) in the coordinate system
- changeable scale and position of coordinate system
- images can be copied to clipboard or file
- save coordinates of polygons, together with settings, to file
- open files to load previously saved polygons and settings
- print polygons, together with coordinates information
- In-Line help
- no installation procedure, simply copy "overlap.exe" to a map of choice.
The Polygon-Overlap-Calculator is freeware and may be used, copied and distributed without restriction.
The Polygon-Overlap-Calculator may, beside calculation of areas, be used to match geographic images
such as maps and air photographs with earth coordinates.
The Polygon-Overlap-Calculator is written in Delphi-7.
Size is about 330kB.
To download, click at the download logo (lightning) at the left top of this page.
For more information:
Complete Delphi-7 project.
Windows 95 and up.
Screen size minimal 1024 * 768 pixels.