download statics program
goto theory and program description
The statics excerciser program calculates the position of loads that are hanging on a cable.
The cable weight is assumed zero, the cable is non elastic.
Cable lengths and loads are easily adjustable.
The number of loads is selectable between 2 and 3.
Beside loads and lines also attached bar positions may be calculated.
The number of bars may be 3 or 4.
Statics program HelpHere is a reduced image of line mode with 3 loads:
See top of image:
- click on 2 or 3 or 4 to select 2,3 loads or 3,4 bars
- click on line1..4 value or use cursor LEFT/RIGHT to select line
- use cursor UP/DOWN or mousewheel to increment/decrement line or bar length
- click on load1..3 values to select load
- use cursor UP/DOWN or mousewheel to increment/decrement load value
- click on base value to select base
- use cursor UP/DOWN or mousewheel to increment/decrement the base value
It shows the distance between 2 dark blue grid lines.
Resets line lengths and loads or bar lengths.
Opens this on-line help page.
process info check:
Provides process info in case limits are exceeded and calculation was not possible.
Lines and Loads
This is the processing time measured in micro-seconds.
The calculations for an equilibrium are done by successive approximation.
A number of iterations is needed to find a balance with minimal forces offsets.
This number is displayed as the loopcount.
If this count is too high (1000) the process stops and a time-out message is displayed.
In some rare cases calculations cannot be performed within the number of allowed iterations
or the combination of line length and weights exceed the needed accuracy.
In this case a "limits exceeded" message is displayed.
If the process info box was checked, additional information is displayed:
Have fun !